4.9g of carbs per serve
- 10 medium tomatoes
- 500 grams sausage or other ground meat
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 slices thin Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for greasing
- Fresh Parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Peel of skin of sausage. Mince sausage or use a food processor to ground meat.
- In a slightly greased skillet, brown sausage for a few minutes.
- Properly wash tomatoes with cold water. Wipe with clean cloth.
- Make a thin slice at the end of tomatoes, allowing each tomato to stand properly. Slice the top part of tomato to make an opening.
- Spoon the center of each tomato, remove seeds.
- Slightly brush the outer sides of tomatoes with olive oil.
- Add thin slices of cheese around the insides of tomatoes and fill each one with cooked sausage. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Feel free to add more cheese if you want cheese to overflow or drip on the sides.
- Allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes and slowly transfer to a serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh minced parsley.
RECIPE SUPPLIED BY LOW CARB YUM