Carbs per serve 6g
- 6 tablespoons psyllium husks 27g, may want to finely grind
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup coconut flour 125g
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pint egg whites 2 cups (or use 8 whole eggs)
- 2 large eggs see note
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 180C
- If not using silicone pan, grease or line pan with parchment paper.
- Mix psyllium and water in small bowl, set aside. It should form a gel after sitting for a bit.
- Dump remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse until well combined. If you don't have a food processor, you can use a mixing bowl with electric mixer.
- Add psyllium mixture into food processor and pulse until mixed in. Or, add into mixing bowl and blend with electric mixer.
- Spread batter into 8x4 loaf pan. Smooth top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until edges are brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let bread sit in pan for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan and allow to cool completely on rack.
Original recipe used a carton of eggs which can result in an ammonia smell. Therefore, the recipe has changed to use 1-pint egg whites and 2 whole eggs.