7g of carbs per serve
- 60 grams coconut flour about 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoon baking powder can be cut in half to reduce sodium, but will result in flatter bagels
- 250 grams mozzarella cheese shredded (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 55 grams cream cheese
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter melted (add a bit more if needed and use unsalted to reduce sodium)
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix coconut flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in microwave on high power for one minute. Stir. Place back in the microwave on high for another minute. Stir.
- Add in beaten eggs, butter, and coconut flour mixture until a dough is formed. The dough should be a bit wet and sticky. If dry, try adding in another egg or more butter.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces and roll out each piece connecting the ends to form a bagel shape.
- Place bagels on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for about 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned.