Makes about 3 - 4 sandwiches
Carbs per serve 3.5 grams
- 1 small head cauliflower, (to make about 4 cups processed cauliflower)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Process cauliflower florets in a food processor until the texture resembles rice. Alternatively, you can grate the cauliflower.
- In a medium bowl, combine processed cauliflower, eggs, Parmesan and oregano. Mix until evenly combined then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray then scoop the cauliflower mixture into a small patty on one side of the pan. Repeat to form a second patty on the other side. (These are your “bread” slices.) Press down on both pieces with a spatula and cook until golden underneath, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until the other sides are golden, about 3 minutes more.
- Top one cauliflower slice with cheese then place the other cauliflower slice on top. Cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes more per side. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Add ham, tomato or other ingredients - just add to your carb count/