- 1 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
- 4 celery stalks
- ½ cup dill pickles, chopped
- 250g tuna in olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3 lb shredded cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or paprika powder
Oopsie bread (makes 6-8)
- 170g leafy greens
- olive oil
Serves 4Carbs per serving 5g
- 3 eggs
- 140g cream cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tablespoon ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Mix the salad ingredients well.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the tuna mix on the bread and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Add some paprika powder or cayenne pepper.
- Bake in oven until the cheese has turned a nice color, about 15 minutes. Serve the sandwich with some leafy greens drizzled with olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Separate the egg yolks into one bowl and the egg whites into another.
- Whip egg whites together with salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
- Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. If you want, add the psyllium seed husk and baking powder. (This makes the Oopsie more bread-like).
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix – try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Put 8 oopsies on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes – until they turn golden.