6.4g of carbs per serve
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 700g ground pork mince
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon gluten free oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large egg
FOR THE BROTH
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground pork, coconut aminos, 1 tsp sesame oil, oyster sauce, fish sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic, green onions, and egg. Mix until well incorporated. Form the mixture into bite sized meatballs. It should yield about 40 meatballs.
- In a stock pot or dutch oven, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of sesame oil over medium high heat. Add the meatballs to the pot. Cook the meatballs until they are browned all over and cooked through. If they start to stick, splash a little chicken stock in the pot. Remove the meatballs from the pot and set aside.
- To the pot add chicken stock, water, oyster sauce, coconut aminos, fish sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the meatballs, mushrooms and cabbage to the broth. Let simmer for an additional 5 minutes before serving.