Carbs per serve 3g
- 10 pieces sea scallops on the half shell 375g each without shell
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese Freshly Grated
- 3/4 cup mozzarella
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup pork rind
- 2 jalapeños thinly sliced
- 2 lemons juice and slices
- salt and black Pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnishing
- hot water for soaking shells
Preheat oven at 200°C.
Remove scallops from shell. Lightly brush and rinse shell with lemon juice combined with water, to eliminate the fishy odor. Soak in hot water for at least 15 minutes. Wipe shells with kitchen towel and return scallops to shell. Sprinkle some salt.
In a baking tray lined with foil, bake scallops for 5 minutes. Drain scallops broth. Opt to set aside for another use or discard.
Butter and cheese mixture. In a skillet with low heat, melt butter and sauté garlic until slightly brown.Turn off heat then add cream, cheddar cheese, Jalapeño and black pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
Pour ½ Tbsp. of butter and cheese mixture to each scallop on shell, sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese, add crushed pork rind and top with 1 slice of Jalapeño for each.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and golden in color. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!