Carbs per Serve 6.5g
- 3-4 large chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 medium sized asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 250g sliced mushrooms
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Begin by heating up a large pan to medium-medium high heat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- Place chicken in pan, heat about 3 minutes per side, and set aside (chicken will not be cooked through).
- Add remaining coconut oil if needed. Toss in crushed garlic, asparagus, and mushrooms.
- Saute until asparagus is crispy, and mushrooms are soft and fragrant (about 10 minutes)
- Return the chicken to the pan. Add in coconut milk, lemon juice, and lemon rind.
- With the skillet on medium high heat, cover. Wait until the mixture bubbles, then lower to medium low. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Salt to taste and serve with rice, pasta, or zoodles.
Original Recipe from http://www.wholesomelicious.com/creamy-lemon-chicken-with-asparagus-and-mushrooms/