4.2 grams Carbs per Serve (39g per serve)
- 14 medium prawns
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- olive or avocado oil for frying
Shell & devein prawns, tails intact
Drizzle lemon or lime juice on prawn.
Season prawns with salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper and cumin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Beat egg in a bowl.
Place coconut flour on a plate or zip lock plastic bag then season with salt and ground black pepper.
Place dried coconut on a plate and season with salt, ground black pepper and smoked paprika.
Dredge seasoned prawn on coconut flour and shake of any excess particularly on the tail. Dip in beaten egg and coat with seasoned coconut except the tail.
Heat pan and pour olive oil. Sauté garlic.
Fry coated prawns on top of garlic about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until prawn turns into pink or golden orange in color. Drain.
Serve on a bed of lettuce and sweet chili sauce on the side. Enjoy while crisp!