- 5 large eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ⅔ cup black beans, preferably low-sodium
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 3 oz. pepper Jack cheese, grated
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Salsa, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, water, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie dish.
- Sprinkle the black beans, tomatoes and pepper Jack cheese evenly over the eggs.
- Bake until the egg is set in the center and starting to brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let the quiche cool for about 10 minutes, garnish with cilantro and cut in to 6 wedges. Serve with salsa.