Carbs Per Serve: 7 grams
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces diced avocado, from 1 small
- Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and pepper. Set aside a 5 minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Combine with garlic, basil, onion-balsamic combo and additional 1/8 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and let it sit at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high. Oil the grates generously to prevent the fish from sticking.
- Season salmon with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Place skin-side-down on the grill. Close the lid and cook without turning for 8 o 10 minutes (depending on thickness), or until the salmon is just cooked through. The skin will char but will prevent the fish from drying out.
- Remove and cover with foil; rest for 2 to 3 minutes while adding the avocado to the bruschetta.
- Serve topped each with generous 1/2 cup avocado bruschetta.
Read more at http://www.skinnytaste.com/grilled-salmon-with-avocado-bruschetta/#QB5GO0SqCbsXg2Ax.99