Carbs per serve: 7.6
- 2 cups broccoli floret
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1kg ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 jar of tomato sauce, 1 jar, divided (pick one that is lowest in carbs)
- 150g tomato paste, 1 can
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 190˚C
- In a food processor add the broccoli, 1 cup of Parmesan, 1 clove of garlic, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pulse until mixture forms a dough like texture, about 2 minutes.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the broccoli mixture and press into a well greased muffin tin. Form the mixture into a cup, making the bottom and sides 1 cm thick.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the edges are golden and crispy and the bottom is firm.
- Cool the broccoli cups. Once cooled, remove from the muffin tin.
- Heat the oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, and stir until browned.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons of the basil, and 2 tablespoons of the parsley, and stir to combine.
- Add the tomato sauce and the tomato paste. Continue stirring until the meat sauce is bubbling. Reduce heat to low, and cover the pot, simmering for 45 minutes.
- Place about a ¼ cup of the meat sauce in the broccoli Parmesan cups. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Grill for 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with the rest of the basil.