5.5 grams Carbs per Serve
- 1 kg ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic
- 750 grams tomatoes & green chilis (or salsa or diced tomatoes), 2 cans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk 120 mL
- 1/4 cup fresh whole butter 60 mL
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour 360 mL
- 500 grams cheddar cheese grated
Brown ground beef with minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Cook over medium heat until beef is browned.
Add canned tomatoes and remaining spices.
Cover and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
Pour out into 9x13 baking pan.
Place medium-sized saucepan on the stove with the water, almond milk, and butter. Bring to a slow simmer.
Whisk the almond flour into the simmering almond-water mixture.
Whisk in half of the grated cheddar cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning with a bit of salt and pepper.
The almond flour mixture should be roughly the consistency of mashed potatoes. If it's too thick, add a bit of water or almond milk. If it's too thin, sprinkle in a bit more almond flour.
Spread the mixture evenly over the ground beef mixture.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the almond flour mixture.
Bake at 180C for about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve!