Carbs Per serve 0g for the pork just work out for the sides if you have any
- 900 g pork belly (with skin )
- 1 1/2 cup coarse salt
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and blanch the pork in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the pork under running water to stop the cooking process.
- Pat skin dry and pierce pork skin with fork, skewers or meat tenderizer.
- Season meat sides and bottom (EXCEPT skin) with ground pepper.
- Wrap the sides of the meat with aluminum foil (skin side up).
- Brush the pork skin with vinegar, then cover the skin side completely with generous amount of coarse salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove aluminum foil and salt from the skin.
- Second Roasting: Bake for another 30 minutes at 250°C to brown and turn the skin to crispy and crackling. You will know it is ready when the skin of the pork all bubbled up with skin blistering all over and turn golden brown.