3 wings: 5g carbs
4 slices of bacon, diced
1/4 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/2 head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
1/4 cup of chicken broth
2 fillets of salmon (with skin on), fresh or frozen
1/4 cup of olive oil, to cook with
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large nonstick pan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crispy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add the onion and saute in the bacon grease until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. (Add additional olive oil to the pan, if needed.)
3. Add the cabbage and chicken broth to the pan. Cover and cook, stirring often, until cabbage is soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Meanwhile, generously season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Add the olive oil to a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the salmon, skin side down, to the hot olive oil and cook for 5 minutes. Carefully turn
over each filet and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Serve the salmon with the cabbage and top with the bacon.