5 grams of carbs per serve
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 450g sausage
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large sauté pan over low-medium heat, add onion, butter, garlic, and salt and pepper. Cook until onions are nice and caramelized – About 20 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking – In a large pan, brown the sausage. Once the sausage is nearly finished cooking, add mushrooms, tomato paste, and hot sauce, and sauté 5-10 more minutes. Mix caramelized onions into meat mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack all 10 eggs and fork whisk. To the eggs, mix in cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 180°
- In a baking dish add and spread evenly. Pour egg mixture over the top of the meat. Use a fork to poke holes down into the meat to allow the eggs to mix just slightly into the meat.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Once finished, the top should be a nice golden brown color.
- Add a dollop of sour on top (The sour cream is not counted in the nutritional information.)