6 grams of carbs per serve
- 1.5kg piece uncooked corned (pickled) silverside, rinsed
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stick, coarsely chopped, leaves included
- 1 bulb garlic, halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup of green beans
- 1 cup of broccoli
Cheese sauce recipe - click here
- Place meat in a large saucepan, add enough water to cover and bring to the boil. Drain. Wipe pan clean and return meat with onion, celery, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, 1 tsp salt and enough water to cover by 5cm. Simmer, partially covered, over medium heat for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Set aside.
- Slice meat. Serve with cooked vegetables and cheese sauce.