Carbs per serve: 2g
- 2 boneless strip steaks,
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Season the steaks on all sides with the salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat until smoking.
- Sear the steaks for about a minute to a minute and a half on each side, depending on the thickness of your steak for medium-rare. If you would like your steak rarer or more well-done, cook your steak shorter or longer accordingly.
- In the same pan, cook the asparagus with salt and pepper until tender but still slightly crunchy. Remove from heat.
- After the steaks have rested for about 5 minutes, slice, then serve with the asparagus!