Carbs per serve 6.5g
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 500g mince
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20 slices pepperoni
1. Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out moisture.
2. Combine zucchini with the egg whites, parmesan, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and half of the mozzarella. Press into a greased 13×9-in baking dish.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 200° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook mince and dried minced onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add marinara; spoon over zucchini mixture.
4. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with pepperoni. Bake 15- 20 minutes longer.