Recipe Supplied by Low Carb Yum
- 6 pieces string cheese (Mozzarella )
- 1 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese the powdered kind in a can
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt coarse Kosher salt works best
Cut string cheese in half along the length.
Beat 1 egg in small bowl. Set aside.
Place almond flour, Parmesan cheese, coconut flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt in zipper sandwich bag. Shake bag to blend.
Dip each piece of mozzarella into the beaten egg and then coat by shaking in the sandwich bag. Freeze for at least one hour.
Heat oil in small frying pan to at least half inch high. Temperature of oil should be 200°F or slightly less to prevent melting the cheese.
Cook each coated piece of mozzarella in the hot oil until browned on all sides. Enjoy!