Carbs per serve: 4.75g
- 12 eggs
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, minced
- Place the eggs in a large pot and cover with 1 inch (2cm) of cold water. Cover with a lid.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and remove from heat. Let the eggs sit, covered for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from water and immediately place in bath of ice water for a few minutes.
- Remove shells and cut the egg in half, vertically.
- Remove the yolk and place in a bowl.
- Set the cooked whites aside on a serving tray.
- In the bowl with the yolks, add all the ingredients for guacamole. Mash until well incorporated.
- Spoon guacamole mixture into the bowls of the cooked egg whites.