If you want to lose 3 -5 kg in one week, then you can follow our 3 Step XLR8 Program.
While it’s certainly possible to lose 3- 5 kgs in one week, it won’t be pure body fat.
Due to the calorie deficit needed to burn each kilo of fat, it’s simply not possible to safely burn 3 -5 kgs of pure body fat in just one week.
However, this isn’t to say you can’t lose that much weight and still look leaner.
While a lot of the weight loss will certainly come from body fat, you will also drop kilos by losing excess water weight.
This is partly because this plan lowers your insulin levels and makes your body get rid of stored carbs, which bind water.
Although your body can only store about 300–500 grams of carbs in a form known as glycogen, stored glycogen does hold around three times that weight in water.
Reduced insulin levels will also make your kidneys shed out excess sodium, leading to reduced water retention
Along with reduced body fat and water weight, you may also lose some weight due to less intestinal waste and undigested food and fiber in the digestive system.
Here are the 8 steps you should follow in order to lose 3 -5 kgs in a week.
1. Follow our 3 Step Program with XLR8
2. Complete our XLR8-ed Online Program
3. Eat Fewer Carbs and More Lean Proteins
You can lose several kilos by following a low-carb diet. We suggest reducing carbs to max of 20 grams per day.
This helps switch your body from carb burning to fat burning.
Try eliminating or drastically reducing all starchy carbs and sugars for the week. Replace these with low-carb vegetables, while also increasing your intake of eggs, lean meats and fish.
4. Eat Whole Foods and Avoid Most Processed Junk Foods
When you’re trying to lose weight quickly then it can be helpful to eat a simple diet based on whole foods.
These foods tend to be very filling, and make it easier to eat fewer calories without getting too hungry.
During the week, you should make sure to eat mostly whole, single-ingredient foods. Avoid most foods that are highly processed.
Eating mostly lean proteins and low-carb veggies can be incredibly satisfying even if you’re not getting that many calories.
5. Reduce Your Calorie Intake by Following These Tips (See List)
Reducing your calorie intake may be the most important factor when it comes to weight loss.
If you aren’t eating fewer calories than you expend, then you will not lose fat.
Here is a calculator that shows you how many calories you should eat to lose weight
Here are a few simple tips to reduce calorie intake:
- Count calories: Weigh and log the foods you eat. Use a calorie counting tool to keep track of the amount of calories and nutrients you are taking in.
- Eat only at meals: Reduce all snacks and don’t eat anything after dinner.
- Cut your condiments: Eliminate calorie-dense condiments and sauces.
- Fill up on veggies: Fill your plate with vegetables and limit starchy carbs and added fats for the week.
- Choose lean proteins: Choose lower-fat proteins, such as chicken and fish.
- Don’t drink your calories: Instead, opt for water, zero-calorie drinks, tea or coffee.
- Have your XLR8 ONE Burn Protein Shake for a meal.
6. Be Active during the day.
In order to burn extra calories and lose more weight, you can also increase your daily activity.
In fact, how active you are throughout the day also plays a very important role in weight loss and obesity
For example, the difference between a desk job and a manual job can account for up to 1,000 calories per day. This is the same as 90 to 120 minutes of high-intensity exercise.
Simple lifestyle changes such as walking or biking to work, taking the stairs, going for walks outside, standing more or even cleaning the house can help you burn a lot of calories.
7. Intermittent Fasting Is Another Simple Way to Reduce Weight Quickly
Intermittent fasting is another effective and proven tool for dropping fat.
It forces you to reduce your calorie intake, since you are limiting your eating to a short window of time.
There are many different protocols, such as a 16-hour fast with an 8-hour feeding window, or a 20-hour fast with a 4-hour feeding window.
If you’re combining fasting with exercise, it may be wise to do the fasting at a different time than your workout.
8. Use These Tips to Reduce Water Retention
Several other methods can help you drop water weight and appear leaner and lighter. These include:
- Drink coffee: Coffee is a healthy source of caffeine. Studies suggest that caffeine can help you burn more fat and lose excess water.
- Mind your intolerances: Eating things that you are intolerant to, such as gluten or lactose, can lead to excessive water retention and bloating. Avoid foods that you think you may be intolerant to.
Here are 13 more ways to lose excess water weight.
Information supplied by Authority Nutrition