Having platters for any occasion are so simple to make and easy to stay low carb. If you are not sure what to take for Christmas simply make a platter and why not cook your own crackers so you don't miss out on anything.
Low Carb, High Fat Platter Ideas
- Smoked salmon with low carb crackers (click here for cracker recipe)
- High fat cheese on cucumber rounds
- Chargrilled capsicums stuffed with full fat cream cheese
- Smoked salmon sushi – smoked salmon strips with cream cheese filling, rolled in black sesame seeds
- Bowl of olives
- Cherry tomatoes
- Capsicum strips
- Cheese dip, view the recipe here
- Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and grilled or BBQ’d
- Prosciutto rolled up
- Wheels of brie or camembert
- Large strawberries cut through the middle long wise and insert a piece of Camembert
- Large strawberries with the tip dipped in melted 90% cocoa chocolate
- Almonds, walnuts and macadamias
- 90% cocoa chocolate pieces
- 120 g blue cheese
- 120 g parmesan cheese
- 120 g gruyère cheese or comté cheese
- 120 g edam cheese or other semi-hard cheese
- 120 g mozzarella, mini cheese balls
- 120 g Brie cheese
- 120 g cream cheese
- fresh figs
- 120 g celery stalks
- 120 g pecans or other nuts of your liking
- 120 g butter
- Choose your cheeses carefully – preferably organic ones without additives.
- Pick cheeses made from different kinds of milk – cow, goat or sheep.
- For a diverse platter, choose different consistencies, aging and origins.
- Make sure that the cheese is at room temperature when serving. So, remove the cheese a little ahead of time for optimum deliciousness.
- Add crunchy condiments such as nuts, celery stalks, figs, pears and other veggies that you like.
Low Carb Crackers
1. Egg-Free Sour Cream and Chive Crackers
2. Grain-Free Rosemary Parmesan Chia Seed Crackers
3. Butter Crackers
4. Low-Carb Crackers
5. Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Cheese Crackers with Almond Flour
6. Low Carb (2 Ingredient) Crispy Jalapeño Cheese Crackers
7. Low Carb FatHead Crackers
8. 3 Ingredient Gluten-Free Paleo Crackers
9. Almond-Arrowroot Crackers
10. Easy Peasy Cheese Crackers