Australia Day is a great day to celebrate our great nation. That doesn't mean you need to take a day off from your new XLR8 lifestyle choices, just means a few little changes.
The great thing about Australia Day is the BBQ, this means staying low carb for the day is quite easy.
Traditional Australia Day food is:
Snags on the barbie, Lamb on the barbie, Prawns, Kebabs, Salads
Then there are the traditional sweets:
Pavlova, Lamingtons. Fruit Salad or even cheesecake.
Here are some great Low Carb Recipes for you to try.
Low Carb Platters
- Smoked salmon with low carb crackers (click here for cracker recipe)
- High fat cheese on cucumber rounds
- Chargrilled capsicums stuffed with full fat cream cheese
- Smoked salmon sushi – smoked salmon strips with cream cheese filling, rolled in black sesame seeds
- Bowl of olives
- Cherry tomatoes
- Capsicum strips
- Cheese dip, view the recipe here
- Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and grilled or BBQ’d
- Prosciutto rolled up
- Wheels of brie or camembert
- Large strawberries cut through the middle long wise and insert a piece of Camembert
- Large strawberries with the tip dipped in melted 90% cocoa chocolate
- Almonds and walnuts
Tips for the day
Leave the bread off your plate
Fill your plate with meat and salads
No need for potato salad.
Watch dressings, sauces and marinades as they can be loaded with carbs
Prepare for the day. Make your own food to take that is low carb and you know is your "go to" food, people will also love your healthy choice options.
You choose what you eat today, so make sure you are making good low carb choices. Remember about 20 potato chips has about 20 grams of carbs.
Alcohol - no need to missout on not having a drink just make low carb choices. Check out our guide about Alcohol
Also remember to keep your fluids up especially in these hot days
Don't forget to take your XLR8 even if you have to take earlier in the day.
Have a great day today and we hope you enjoy the day and can say at the end "You know what, I did I was able to stay on XLR8 and still have an amazing day"