My kids are older now so school holidays seem to come and go as they are busy working parttime jobs, doing assigned homework or hanging out with their friends. When they were younger it was always what will we do to entertain them, will we go away, what actitivites can I do to keep them entertained and can they hurry up and end as I am so out of routine...no school lunches, no homework, no reading books, no washing school uniforms. As amazing it is not to do these jobs it did always throw me out as I was in such a rountine from the moment we woke to getting them to school and then off to work for me. School holidays means we can take a break from it but it can make this time hard.
For some of us we continue to work through the holidays and routine continues as normal. For others being out of routine can impact your XLR8 Ride.
So how do you survive the school holidays and not fall off your XLR8 Ride?
2. Get the kids to help you cook, try new recipes kids love to cook.
3. Pack snacks ready for your day out.
4. Plan being active with your children
5. Prepare snacks in the fridge
6. Don't forget to take your XLR8
7. Set some realistic goals
8. Time to clean out your clothes and cupboards
9. Be consistent each day
10. Start to write a jounnal each day
11. Clean out your fridge and pantry
12. Cook meals and freeze
13. Reach out to other XLR8 Riders for support
14. Out and about make sure you take your XLR8 supply - always have a second pack on hand.
15. Off to the movies pack your snacks before you go - pass on the popcorn
16. Off to Maccas choose a burger without the bun and skip the fries.
17. Remember the difference between hunger, habit and boredom
18. Drink plenty of water
19. Get enough sleep.
20. Don’t beat yourself up.
21. Look to the future.
22. Google activities to do with your kids over the holidays
23. Remember your kids will test you through this time, I'm hungry, I'm Bored etc etc etc stay focused and remember your RIDE at all times.
This is a great time to test you remember school holidays come around all the time. Surviving this means you have control and are on your way to getting off the roller coaster forever.
What if I fall off? How long will it take me to get back into Ketosis?
GET YOUR KIDS INVOLVED
BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU ACHIEVE
ENJOY THE TIME AND MEMORIES YOU CREATE WITH YOUR KIDS
AND ENJOY THE FEELING OF BEING IN CONTROL