With most "diets" the first thing you are generally told is give up the alcohol or don't have it for a period of time, "make sure you deprive yourself whilst on this diet!!!" There is some good news with XLR8, you don't have to give up alcohol, you just have to make a few changes to what you drink.
Alcohol is packed with carbs, but there are a few that are low in carbs. With every new life style change you must remember to achieve your goals you probarbly don't want to be drinking a few bottles of wine every night so all in moderation is required.
How alcohol can effect your body
- Your liver will breakdown the alcohol before anything else as it is a toxin and your liver needs to get rid of it.
- Alcohol wont help you if you are trying to lose belly fat.
- If you drink too much, it will stop your weight loss and even cause weight gain.
- If your weight loss has stalled look at how much alcohol you drink as you may need to cut back on it
- Alcohol can lower your self control when it comes to eating healthy foods.
- Alcohol will increase your cravings and appetite. We all know what the hangover day feels like when all you want is "greasy food"
What is the best alcohol to drink?
1.2 grams of carbs per glass
Shiraz 3.8 grams of carbs per glass
Cabernet Sauvignon Wine 3.82 grams of carbs per glass
Merlot Wine 3.69 grams of carbs per glass
Sauvignon Blanc Wine 3.01 grams of carbs per glass (Lindermans only has 2.2 grams)
Chardonnay 3.43 grams of carbs per glass
Moscato 14 grams of carbs per glass
Prosseco 2.00 grams of carbs per glass
(referred to as liquid bread)
Carlton Draught 12.2 grams of carbs per 450ml
Coopers Pale Ale 6.18 grams of carbs per 375ml
Peroni 11 grams of carbs per 330ml
XXXX Gold 7.1 grams of carbs per 375ml
Pure Blonde 3.2 grams of carbs per 355ml
Hahn Super Dry 3.00 grams of carbs per 330ml
Blumers Cider 30. 0 grams of carbs per 330ml
Vodka, Whiskey Bourbon, either no carbs or minimal
Add soda water as your mixer
Vodka Lime and soda - minimal carbs
Jack Daniels & Cola Can 32.5 grams of carbs per can
Would avoid cocktails
Cosmopoltian 12.04 grams of carbs per cocktail
Frozen Daiquiri 87.16 grams of carbs per 100ml
This is just a guide make sure you use MY XLR8 App and find out how many carbs in alcohol before you start drinking
If you are planning on having a few drinks tonight, plan your day. Try and have a high protein day and no carbs. This way you can use your carb allocation at night for your alcohol intake.
Choose foods from the FREE carb food list, remember XLR8 is a life style change not a way to deprive yourself of enjoying life. Just make smarter choices when choosing what alcohol to drink.
Good luck and cheers!